This course is part one of a series of three courses. Through this series you will gain the skills and knowledge needed to implement a core Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
You will learn how to implement and configure the core services, including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), networking services, and initial Hyper-V configuration. This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20410 and it can assist you in your preparation for Exam 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012. Exam 70-410 is one of three exams needed for the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification.
What You’ll Learn
- Deploy and Manage Windows Server 2012
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) Administration
- Implement a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS)
- Implement IPv6 for simple scenarios
- Configure local storage on a server
- Implement file and print services
- Implement Group Policy
- Implement server virtualization using Hyper-V
Who Needs to Attend
- IT professionals with Windows operating system knowledge and experience, looking to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to implement the core infrastructure services in an existing Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals
- Experience configuring security and administration tasks in an enterprise environment
- Experience supporting or configuring Windows Client with Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
- Administering Windows Server 2012 (M20411)
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (M20412)
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012