This course is part two of a series of three courses. Through this series you will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
You will cover the necessary administrative responsibilities, such as implementing server images, user and group management with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Group Policy, remote access, network policies, data security, and monitoring and updating management. This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20411 and it can assist you in your preparation for Exam 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012. Exam 70-411 is one of three exams needed for the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification.
What You’ll Learn
- Manage user desktops with Group Policy
- Manage user and service accounts
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Configure and troubleshoot remote access
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot the network policy server (NPS)
- Implement network access protection (NAP)
- Optimize file services
- Configure encryption and advanced auditing
- Implement update management
- Monitor Windows Server 2012
Who Needs to Attend
- System administrators and IT professionals with experience in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 environment, looking to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to manage and maintain the core infrastructure required for a Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
- At least one year of experience working with Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012
- Understanding of Active Directory and networking infrastructure
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (M20410) or equivalent experience
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (M20412)
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012