In this course, you will gain the fundamental knowledge and skills to use Windows PowerShell for administering and automating the administration of your Windows-based servers. You will focus on primary Windows PowerShell command line features and techniques. You will gain prerequisite skills that support different Microsoft products. Learn to execute and monitor scripts more efficiently with more robust session connectivity, workflow capabilities, improved job scheduling, and Windows PowerShell Web Access.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Product M10961: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell.
Wat leert u in deze cursus
• Basic concepts behind Windows PowerShell
• Work with the Pipeline
• How the Pipeline works
• Use PSProviders and PSDrives
• Format output
• Use Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and Common Information Model (CIM)
• Prepare for scripting
• Moving from a command to a script to a module
• Administer remote computers
• Put the various Windows PowerShell components together
• Use background jobs and scheduled jobs
• Use advanced PowerShell techniques and profiles
Voor wie is deze cursus bedoeld
• IT Professionals already experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration or already experienced in administering and supporting application servers and services, including Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, etc.
• Students who want to use Windows PowerShell to automate administrative tasks from the command line, using any Microsoft or independent software vendor (ISV) product that supports Windows PowerShell manageability
• Previous Windows Server and Windows Client management knowledge and hands-on experience
• Experience installing and configuring Windows Server into existing enterprise environments, or as standalone installations
• Knowledge and experience of network adapter configuration, basic Active Directory user administration, and basic disk configuration
• Knowledge and hands-on experience specifically with Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 would be beneficial
• Core Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 (M20341)
• Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 (M20331)